ISO 27001: 2022 Standard
What is ISO 27001? ISO 27001, an international compliance standard that helps organizations, companies and any business to manage their information security management systems (ISMS) by a systematic review, includes all physical, technical, and legal controls involved in an organization’s information risk management. ISO 27001: 2022 help organizations to increase returns and reduce costs. ISO 27001 Standard can help any organizations ( small, medium, and large ) in any industry keep information assets secure. It can fulfill any industries by implement all requirements in clauses 4 to 10 no exclusion, but there may be exclusions to specific Annex A requirements based on the organizations’ scope.
ISO 27001 history: ISO standard start at 1990s, and several stages of change and continuous development happen up to the present time. ISO 27001:2013 remain for nine years until updated version issued ISO 27001:2022, Let’s take a look about the differences between them:
When compared to the 2013 revision, the changes in the ISO 27001:2022 revision are small to moderate. The main part of the standard remains with 11 clauses, but Annex A has changed a lot – the number of controls has dropped from 114 to 93, and it is organized into only four sections versus the 14 sections in the 2013 revision.
ISO 27001 benefits
- Increase profits and cost reductions.
- Develop a security culture in an Organization.
- Ensure Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of data.
- Reduce risks.
- Strengthening confidence in the Organization.
- Continual improvement.
ISO 27001: 2022 certification process:
- Conduct gap analysis to review the system gaps and needs.
- Provide training and awareness sessions to the employee for application of the stander.
- Guidance for documentation and implementation of ISO 27001:2022 certification.
- Guidance on conducting risk/ opportunity assessment.
- Internal audit by the consultant.
- External audit by certified body.
- Closure of conformities.
- Issuing certificate.
Our specialists can help you to be certified against ISO 270001:2022 standard, by providing specialized consultations and reviews, analyzing the current situation of the organization, then planning and preparing well to achieve the requirements, create documents, and provide training and awareness to the staff, which enables them to complying with the specification controls and achieving the required results.